
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
How apropos.
I have not fallen off the face of the earth but am still in DC - very much earthbound. Round and Round and Round I go and where I will stop next nobody knows....I've had a very intense seven months in Iraq and feel I've done important work during my time and developed deep bonds with many people (both Iraqi and otherwise), then the most AMAZING vacation in the states with so many people I love and cherish - non-stop whirlwind of three weeks of movement- and then ran into some snags getting back to Iraq and came to a head-on collision with the brick wall of governmental bureaucracy (for lack of a more accurate word) - an immovable object comes to collision with an unstoppable force - and here I sit in DC wondering what life is waiting for me. Sitting - Still - not something I'm terribly fond of...or good at. I was insanely aggravated about the hold-up in my return at first but have become zen with my down time now. So I'll be here a bit - practicing my sitting still stamina. We'll see how long my zen lasts...
More soon.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment