No, I am not missing in action - Julie (and Woofus) remain in the DC area longer than expected. My office here in DC has a severe staff shortage and has several candidates coming in for interviews and a few new attorneys getting set to go to Iraq and they want me to help out with this. Good news...I get to go to book club Sunday with my girls, go to trivia night with team Dan and Kate Tues and relax with mommers and Aunt Sue who are visiting DC and soak up the luxury of the Hilton....I can go for runs, drink nice wine, cuddle with the dog, see friends....and you would think after all my complaining that not returning to that desolate, hot, sparse base would be a good thing - there are certainly things about being in the states I enjoy and many things about that base that are trying - but the reason I went and the reason I'm anxious to get back is my work. I've been in Iraq seven months and, given that there is very little to do on that base aside from work, I have put in tremendous effort, time and heart into my projects - particularly my Women for Justice association - and while there are many others on base who are highly capable (and have my utmost admiration and respect) of managing my projects, there is no one who has the time or responsibility to take on my work....
And besides...where else do i get all you can eat lobster every Friday???
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment