Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trip to Babel Province

I went on a shopping expendition to the neighboring base in Babel province. All movements for our base were suspended today except for this one because a Hezbollah operative was picked up by the Iraqi army yesterday and the American forces are getting blamed for it (which you wouldnt think would be a bad thing but I guess this guy was very popular in the community for doing charity work) so they wanted to lay low. I went a bit nuts shopping (since i'm totally deprived here)...bought a tv and satellite dish (really just wanted the tv cuz it had a built in dvd player and im hoping to get some yoga dvds), lots of personal products, food, all good stuff :)

My base is very small and seems to be a tight community...somewhere around 240 people (which is way up from a few months ago)...all the soldiers are very respectful and nice to me, but I felt like a piece of meat at the other base...straight up stares and open mouths..and Im tellin you Im lookin ROUGH these days. Anyways, this soldier walks up to me and says "Ma'am, I couldn't help but notice your teeth" and i'm thinking i have spinach or something stuck in there..."you have very long and pointy teeth and i think it is very nice and i was wondering if those were natural." Seriously? Could this possibly be the world's worst pickup line? I told him I was half vampire on my mother's side and walked away.

I'm off to Baghdad for in-processing tomorrow...get to take another copter ride :) Wee haa.

1 comment:

sim said...

lol, that is the worst pick up line ever!
if the other base is bigger, you would think it would have more women and they would not be such dogs. i'm happy to hear the guys on your base are better behaved.