Pictures: A courtroom at the Iraqi High Tribunal - I went and observed a witness testifying against former Baathists accused of ethnic cleansing of Kurds. Next, a couple of signs from Sully compound (where I was staying waiting to fly out of the Baghdad airport - i didn't take a picture of the sign telling you to walk your happy ass over to the bathrooms instead of peeing in a bottle in your room :). Me and my friend Nora in Baghdad. Me and Kurt Larson (another attorney from Office of Immigration Litigation) on the chopper to the Baghdad airport. Amman, Jordan.
I made it to Amman, Jordan - as I type i'm sitting on my california king size bed with my dinner of hummus, baba ganoush and falafel all dripping with olive oil - im in hog heaven! I was supposed to get here early this morning but engine troubles with our C-130 so ended up stuck at the baghdad airport most of the day. I had planned on doing some type of tour here in Amman - to some ruins or of the city or something productive but, given that i got here at like 4 i just took a taxi to my hotel and an hour long walk by myself then chilled by the pool and went to the gym then ordered room service. There are so many things in that past service that seem surreal to me...I took a taxi (with the windows open by the way - i don't know when the last time i had a vehicle window open or felt a breeze that wasn't a hot desert wind). I went for a walk (and i didn't have body armor) (or military) (or weapons). By myself. Pool. Gym (with sauna and steam room). Room service (which means I picked my own food instead of going to the cafeteria and getting a plate of whatever was being served that day). Im a bit overwhelmed! It's awesome!
1 comment:
Have fun and enjoy your time off...you deserve it!
Post a Comment